Tuesday 14 June 2016

50th Birthday cards

I was asked to make 2 cards for 2 special friends, both ladies celebrating their 50th birthday.
This is the first card...


I made a card almost identical to this last year, you can see it here.
The image is from DigiStamp Boutique (Florence and present).
I used the same supplies as the previous card too, although one of the papers is a different design from the same pad, 'Bonnets & Bowties' by Nitwit (at LOTV).
The name and number were cut using Die-namics dies, and the pretty frame was cut using a cArt-Us 'fountain' border die.

I'm entering this card at
DigiStamp Boutique - June customer competition 
Crafts galore encore - anything goes

and here is the 2nd card...


This image is by Stitchy Bear, well actually it's an image of one shoe, I added the other shoe (with permission first) by simply not printing the pearls on the other one, as you would do by not inking up that part on an actual stamp, then, after printing, drawing in the lines with a fineliner to fill in the space left behind. I fussy-cut them out after colouring, then layered one on top of the other. I added some stickles to the necklace for that added sparkle.
The patterned paper background is by Echo Park (Be Mine).
The number was cut using Die-namics dies, and the sentiment was printed off the computer.
I finished with lace and pearl trim from my stash.

I'm entering this card at:
The Ribbon Girl Blog - June card challenge
Sweet Stampin - 3 or more layers

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! The colours and design are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your cards are stunning. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 29 Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are just so awesome - sweet and colorful and just so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fab cards. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cards.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete