Wednesday 29 June 2016

Sick Chick

It's time for more mid-week inspiration for From The Heart Stamps.
My card for today uses the current sketch and the twist for our I {heart} sketches challenge, which will run until July 17th, because of our DT summer break. So you have plenty time to take part and earn yourself $1 credit (or $5 credit if you're the winner!) towards your next FTHS purchase.

This is the sketch..
Join in the challenge, and everyone who plays will receive a $1 discount code for the store, and if you are the challenge winner, you will receive a $5 discount code to the store! :)
Remember though, you must use an image by From The Heart Stamps to be eligible, and please include a pic of the sketch in your blog post too, it's in the rules!

The twist this time, is Paper Piecing. I chose to flip the sketch as I preferred the look of my pill embellies to be to the right of the image.


I chose to use Sick Chick for my card this time. I printed the transparent PNG format of the image onto some digital papers that I resized. These papers are all from Lori Whitlock's Basics collection.
I cut out the pieces needed and glued them onto another printed image i'd done as a guide. I added some foam behind the pills, feet, eyes & beak, & thermometer. In hindsight, I should have gone around the edges with a black marker so that it looks more seamless, but it's too late after you've glued it all down lol.
I made some pill embellies with pink foam, topped with pink card which has been scored through the centre.

I'm entering this card at:
Craft Your Passion - always anything goes
Ribbon Girls - June 'any image' challenge
QKR Stampede - paper piecing

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day :)

4 comments:

  1. Great take with the paper piecing, Jo - that is a FUN "Get Well" card.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! He does look ill doesn't he?!! Great paper-piecing Jo, this would cheer anyone up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper piecing, and such a fun card. I love the pills. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - sorry that someone needs to be sick in order to receive this card because it is so well done and perfectly pieced!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete