Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Did you lose your background?

Firstly, if you did, I'm sorry for any inconvenience to you.
I do not have a photobucket pro account, and my free photobucket account resets on the 25th of each month. I was aware of getting close to my 10GB limit, but honestly did not think it would exceed this as my reset date was less than 24hrs away.
I host the backgrounds myself so that you do not have to change the settings on your own photobucket account.
Obviously the more popular all of your blogs are, the more backgrounds that are viewed (and there are quite a few saved to my account), therefore this is using up my bandwidth.

If you would like to host your background yourself then please let me know and I will send you the background image to save to your pc, alternatively, you can grab the image from the code you inserted in your blog.

How to upgrade the settings on your photobucket account
Log into your account and view the upload page,
underneath the large button that says "Upload images & videos" you will see the following text
'Use CTRL to select multiple files (more options)'
Click on more options and then select '1 megabyte file size' from the list, remember to SAVE.


now you can upload your background to your photobucket account and the background won't get resized.
just exchange the direct url for your blog background from the one hosted by my account for the one that is now hosted in yours.

If you need any help please EMAIL ME. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment