Saturday 2 July 2011

Bente's DT week

EDIT: guess who forgot to schedule her own DT post!

This week, over at Sketch Saturday, the lovely Bente is hosting her first DT week, and has provided us all with a lovely sketch, thanks Bente!
We are sponsored this week by Papilio Stamps



Here's my card, not the best photo, sorry.


This is my second card actually, the first one wasn't completed because the stars in the sketch design didn't suit it and flowers didn't look right either, so i'll keep the image and papers for another card sometime.
So I looked through my papers to see which would look good as stars, and this tiny yellow and blue star paper from my sizzix pad worked well :)
I like the yellow and blue combo of this card, it looks much better in real life than in this photo, will take another pic in daylight.



The plain blue and yellow paper is also from the same sizzix pad, I embossed the yellow with my swiss dots folder, and used my SU eyelet border punch on the blue piece.
The cupcakes were coloured with PMs, highlighted slightly with a white gel pen.
The greeting is from my SU 'crazy for cupcakes' stamp set.

You will be blown away by the awesome cards made by the DT and our fab GD for July, Janne. Please go take a look, I love them all, they are such talented and inspirational ladies.

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope that you will join us this week for Bente's sketch challenge :)

have a great weekend everyone xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this soooooo works. What a fab idea to put cake with stars and I'm lovin' the blue and yellow. Faberoony card. Have a great weekend Hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colour combo hon, that little star paper is perfect!! Mmmmmm cakes, my favourite, lol!
    Have a fab weekend :o))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card you made - love the way you've used my sketch :)
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete