Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Hero, My Dad.

I'm getting ahead of myself a little here, this will be my Dad's fathers day card, which is June 16th here in the UK in case you were wondering. I decided to use this image months ago and have been waiting for the date to get a little closer before making the card. Today is perfect, because it's my turn to set the monthly challenge at Aunty's Forum, and I decided on the theme 'From Boys to Men'... to make a male card.


The fantastic image is Super Hero by Kenny K, and is coloured with promarkers.
The sentiment was found online and I think it's perfect for this image, don't you?
The text paper is from my Kanban Male Backgrounds CD. Although I did have to alter the colour in my paint program to get the shade I wanted.
Finally I added some punched stars. And that's it, who said male cards are difficult to make eh?

I'm entering this card at:
Craft Your Passion - well read (use text somewhere)
Passion for Promarkers - to die for (use at least one die or punch)
Card Crafters Circle - masculine cards
Sweet Stampin - anything but birthdays


9 comments:

  1. this is wicked. Perfect for any male in anyone's life. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our "Well Read" challenge.
    Anita
    DT CYP
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JO .
    Fabulous super hero card .Great colour combo .
    Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for Dads, and I love the sentiment. Sadly I don't have a Dad any more to make a card for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card honey, love all the elements and yes the senitment is perfect!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Jo and such a stunning design, your Dad will love it and the sentiment is perfect for the occasion :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and the sentiment is perfect.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stunning jo.fantastic image and i love your bold paper and fab stars.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at the Passion for Promarkers Challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card for Father. Great design.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything but Birthday” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love this image and your design is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Passion For Promarkers, hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete