Saturday 11 January 2014

Monster Signs

Little Miss Muffet Stamps is sponsoring over at Hiding in My Craft Room this week, so I thought i'd make a card for their challenge which is to use up our scraps.

Today is my Husband's birthday, and my son needed a card for him. Dave's nickname for Jake is "Monse" (short for monster, even though Jake isn't really a monster, but he had his moments... Terrible Two's... nuff said eh?) Anyway, it's one of his nicknames that Dave still uses to this day, so a monster image will be just perfick...



I've used Monster Signs. I added the text to the signs with my paint program.
The papers used for this are mainly from different My Mind's Eye pads and there's a Stampin Up paper there too. I mostly buy 6x6" pads and cut down to fit my cards so I get quite a few 6x1" strips left over, so this challenge is perfect for using some of those up to make this background for my image. I chose the papers that matched mostly with the colours i'd used for the image. I took a 4" square of cardstock and glued the strips across it, trimmed the edges down a little, and folded them over to the back side before gluing the square in place on my base card. But it needed something else, so I drew around the square with a white gel pen to frame it.
Monster Signs was fussy cut out then added to the square with foam pads.

If, like me, you have an ice cream tub of scrap papers (ice cream all eaten first of course, any flavour you like), then you might want to join in too ;)

I'd like to enter this card at:
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes 
Charisma Cardz - birthdays
Wags n Whiskers - anything goes
Crafty Calendar - let's celebrate

9 comments:

  1. Aaaaw fab monster card, love it, thanks for the link for the challenge too! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jo, love the fab image & design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable monster and wonderful paers for a great card ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz in this period of birthday !

    Best wishes for 2014 !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little monster, lovely card. gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, monster is so cute
    Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps all the strips that get cut off the edges. Have slightly more than an ice cream tub full though. I need to make a Birthday card and funnily enough had decided to make a background with them much the same as you have. Great minds think alike eh! Love the colour combo on your card and those big signs. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, well actually I have more than an ice cream tub full too, it's spilling over onto my desk and I probably need to finish off the tub of raspberry ripple in the freezer. I even keep small bits just in case I decide to paper piece with them, I just don't like to throw them away! My name is Jo, and i'm a paper hoarder.

      I'll be round to see your card :) xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a great card, it inspired the one I made earlier this week. I wish I was organised and kept my scraps in one place. Although my OCD Nature likes me to keep them in the pad they came from... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card with a adorable monster! I also keep the cut off strips of my papers too....can bring myself to through them away!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete