Thursday 27 March 2014

SUPER Bro!

It's Little Miss Muffet time!
The challenge starting today is an easy peasy one...Anything Goes.
Have you seen the image i've used? No, it's not a new Polka Dot Pal image.
I asked for permission from Barbara if I could use 2 different PDP's to make this super hero because I wanted the image to have a different hair style.
Thank you Barbara, for allowing me to do this xx

So here he is, I have put Andy's head on Toby's body.


and here are the boys as they are in the shop...

PDP Andy PDP Toby

You can see all of the Polka Dot Pals range by clicking HERE.

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS ask for permission from the copyright holder BEFORE altering any image(s).

Saying that, if you would like to do this yourself with other PDP's, Barbara will allow you to, but please respect her Terms of Use, as doing so is strictly for personal use only, you cannot claim the altered image as your own.
Barbara enjoys seeing your creativity flow when using her images, but if you do have any questions please use the Contact Us form available on the store.

For my card, I opened up the Andy and Toby images in PSP (painshop pro). I used the png images, as they have no background, or white space, behind them.
I duplicated the Toby image so as not to accidently alter the original.
Next, I used the freehand tool to 'draw' around Andy's head,  then I copied and pasted the head as a new layer onto the Toby image. I then closed both my original images so that I only had the duplicated image in my workspace. I moved the head until it was in the correct position, once happy with that, I erased Toby's head from his layer, tidied up both images so that they looked like one, then merged the 2 layers and it's ready to print out and colour up :)
Alternatively, I could have just printed both images and used scissors to make the change, haha!

I've used papers that I bought years ago, they are that old that I can't remember the name of the pad nor the company they came from, and the front cover has long gone. I liked the sketchy look to them though and thought they would look good.
The sentiment is computer generated, then I hand cut the layers it's sitting on.
A few punched stars finished the card off nicely.

You can see more loveliness by visiting the other Little Misses over at  the challenge blog or on our facebook group.
We hope that you'll join us for this challenge.
Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

  1. This is such brilliant card, and well written post. The super hero you created is fab too. Great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Jo! You did a great job with the merge and with explaining it to others! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete