Friday 4 July 2014

FTH July Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on this month's From the Heart Stamps blog hop.

Our theme this month is "Christmas in July"



As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry.
One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTH store for yourself and an image of choice for a friend.
And additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!

If you have arrived here from the lovely Imke, you are in the right place, if not, why don’t you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything. The full hop list is there too.

Here is my card using Birdbrain Winter Scarf...


What a great image, I can see this Birdbrain on a Dr Who/Tom Baker style card in my not too distant future :)
The patterned papers are all from the same set by Bazzill Basics, called Nordic Pines.
The gold vellum snowflake is actually cut from Marianne Designs 'Hearts' die set. Then I fixed it to the card with a silver snowflake brad in its centre.
I handcut the notched flags at the bottom.
The sentiment is one of FOUR that you get with this fab image.

Challenges entered:
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes (option: Christmas)
The Pink Elephant - anything goes

Now, please head over to Kathy's blog to see what she has made to inspire you.

Thanks for hopping with us today.
The hop will end on Monday July 7th at 6am, EST.
Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday July 9th
Good luck, and happy hopping! x

38 comments:

  1. I love love love love love this card and partly. Excuses of your awesome coloring and paper choice. I so want to case your card. Really enjoying g the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and design! This is just absolutely fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love your colors on this! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG the colors are just so warm and snuggly and the plaid paper is perfect! I adore this! Awesome Blog Hop!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! This is ADORABLE!!! I love your papers and your coloring is fantastic. The little banners at the bottom really caught my eye. This is just an awesome card! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the non traditional stamp and colors. Very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! Doesn't the birdie just look so cute? Love it and the card is great too!
    Love the work Jo. Hop in to my blog and say hi!
    http://tinkerbell1810.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxLesleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the coloring and the colors. Great job Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo cute. I have been thinking about getting this set and now I might have to just do it. Wonderful design and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I love, Love, LOVE this! Great, warm color palette, fabulous coloring and Gorgeous DP's! Fabulous job hun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, fabulous! i just bought this little cutie. i love the colours you've used and the coordinating papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors! It works so perfectly well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Cute winter card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe---- how cute is this bird brain -so beautiful - great for that knitting friend at Christmas - have a lovely week! Thanks for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the muted colors on this! Great paper choices and wonderfully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors you chose for your card. Great coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch. Terrific colored birdbrain image, and I love those DPs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card. I have the image and you've given me a great example. I get warm fuzzies just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is amazing...I love what you have done with Faith's new image! Great colors, coloring, and embellishing (love those banners!)...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card. Love the coloring, and awesome choice of papers. Of course Bird Brain is too darn cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The black matting is perfect! These birds crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jo... this is down right fabulous. I love
    .. love... the color combination... I will have to pin it to my Pinterest Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful colors they are so warm, and the banner at the bottom, nice touch, great image awesome job. Fun blog hop! Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jo, i totally LOVE this color combination and it´s so nice to see one of the brandnew images. Lovely card !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have this set on my wish list, it's soooooo cute. Love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that is adorable! The colors are unexpected and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a super cute image!! And I really love the colors you used. This is just Terrific!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, I love it! So fun and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job on the flags! Love the neutral colors you've used, could work for a man or woman.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love this! These birds are just so cute! The colors you chose are beautiful! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh My! LOve how you have made this image into a Christmas card!
    A FABulous take on David Tennat lol...LOving your colours and design..
    LOve this shading round his eyes.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. FUN!! I love these colors and the coloring and layout is awesome - you did a great job with this little guy!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us this week at 'Papertake Weekly' challenge.... good luck:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and this fun image. Love what you did to his eyes.

    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Since I love to knitt this is immediatelly a favourite. Love his eyes! *put it on the "have to remember-list"
    Warm hugs, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh snap this is pretty! Love the non-traditional colors that you used and those eyes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love the colors on this, so cozy!

    ReplyDelete