Friday 31 July 2015

Lauren's 21st.

Today is my God-daughter's 21st birthday. Happy birthday Lauren Rhian :)
This is the card that I made for her.
I wanted to make this card after seeing Karen Burniston's fab card. Unfortunately though, I don't own the pop-up die that she used, so I just cut a couple of slits in the inside base so that it made a pop-up tab for me to add the cake image to...


The spotty paper was a piece of 12x12 from my paper stash, I'm not sure of the brand, but I think it may be by Papermania.
I've used my SU eyelet border punch to edge the pink inside card, and used a die from Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements 'Elegant Ovals' to frame where I wrote my greeting.
The balloons were die cut and then embossed using Cuttlebug's Disney combo set (Celebrations).
I used Die-namics 'By The Letter' dies to cut Lauren's name then glued the letters to hand-cut banner shapes, which were then glued to a piece of gold twine which dangles across the card.

The cake image which pops up is from the Milestone Birthday Set by DigiStamp Boutique.
I tucked the bunting behind the image to take a photo so that you can see it...


I'd like to enter this card at:
DigiStamp Boutique - July customer competition
Fantastic Tuesday - anything goes (twist: make it feminine)
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp (Weds) - anything goes
Seize The Birthday - anything goes (topping : embossing)

Hope you liked the card today, thank you for stopping by, have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, a little work of art. I bet Lauren will love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Jo! This is a showstopper that I'm sure your God-daughter will love :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! You so rock!! THIS is awesome and just amazingly done - your God- daughter is so lucky to receive this AND YOU are one talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the design and colors. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is a fantastic birthday card and so festive!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jo! The design is wonderful and I love the colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Party on a card! Bet your goddaughter loved it. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Jo, your card is amazing such a cool and clever design, I've bought these images but haven't used them yet...must rectify that and soon! Hope all OK with you! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! amazing design!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete