Wednesday 1 February 2017

A true friend...

Hello friends! I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas time, and hoping you have a happy and healthy 2017 too.
I may not have posted for a while, but I did make some cards. I just didn't take photographs or blog any of my work. We're busy getting ready for the arrival of our new grandson, due 4th March, although the scans are showing him further ahead so may be a week or 2 earlier. *we're so excited!*

So yes, i'm back. More importantly though, Faith is back too :)
Did you grab the Bunny Love freebie? No? well go get yours now, trust me, you NEED it for your collection, it is TOO adorable!

For my first post of 2017, i'd like to welcome you to my stop on this month's From the Heart Stamps blog hop.
Our theme is Love and Friendship. The girls have made some wonderful examples to show you.

If you've arrived here from Imke's blog, you are in the right place.
If you haven't, why don’t you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything. The full hop list is there too.

I'm using Easter Egg Birdbrains for my card. Not so much to make a card for Easter, but more because I love the 'true friend' sentiment which is one of 4 that you get in this set. You also get an extra image, which is a row of patterned eggs.

Here's my card...



I coloured the image with promarkers, but lightly sponged the sky with ink.
Once coloured, I gave it a pretty scalloped top by using a Marianne border die (wave).
The sentiment was printed onto pale blue card and glued above the image as shown.
I used strips of patterned paper top and bottom (Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid).
The little heart embellishment at the top is from the Heart of Hearts die by Impression Obsession.
Though you can't see it, I also added a bit of clear Wink of Stella on the pink card stock, butterflies and egg shell to complete my card.

I'm entering this card at:
Cute Card Thursday - something fun to make you smile
Crafty Catz - anything goes with a twist (ladies card)
Brown Sugar Challenge - anything goes
Passion for Promarkers - all creatures great and small
I love Promarkers - anything goes


Now, please head over to Kathy's blog to see what she has created. As you hop along, leave a comment on each blog. We will select a random winner from the comments on each blog and on the FTHS blog to win one image of your choice.

I hope that you enjoy hopping with us today. Thank you for joining us.
The hop will end on Sunday, February 5th 2017 at 6 am EST (11am UK time).
Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday, February 8th.

45 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jo! Great to see you and the team back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo....this is perfect! Made me smile this morning and the sentiment is great! Thrilled to see yal back and Faith drawing. Happy happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment too Jo. What an adorable card! Great coloring. Thanks for the fun hop. It great to see everyone back together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those Birdbrain images are all so adorable. Your card is so cute. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card! Love the softly sponged clouds and that sentiment is so fun! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sentiment...so true! Great card Jo...it makes me yearn for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Bird Brain stamps! I'm so glad Easter is on its way - thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha...I'm laughing out loud!!! I'm so happy to see this team hopping together again! Your card is adorable - this image is the sweetest thing ever! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Faith's Birdbrains and that funny sentiment are great, and you've shown them off so well with your pretty papers and dies. I'm so happy Faith is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love all the layers and demension yet still a mailable card, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great cad, Jo ! Your layout is fabulous and so the soft colors. Love how you´ve added the sentiment.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Jo! Love the Birdbrains and you've colored this one beautifully...love the sentiment too! Happy that Faith is better and ready to Hop again!

    Brenda G.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Jo! Fantastic way to show another use of an Easter themed set! Lovely coloring as usual! I'm so happy to see everyone again!

    ~Hugs, Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Freat card Jo, love the image & sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, what a beautiful card. It's so Spring-y ... it makes me yearn for green and growing things. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah - sweet friendship card. Great to see you again and glad to have the team back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The background clouds are awesome! Great job on the coloring! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfectly put together card. Love the colors choices, the die cut, embellishments as well as the fun image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card and how true the saying. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEEP!! Now this is just as cute as cute can be!!! :) I adore this image and your coloring is just fabulous!! That sentiment is just precious as well!! I always want to congratulate you and your family on your new family member soon to be here! Always exciting! :) Also, secondly, I'd like to say Thank you for playing along with us at Cute Card Thursday...hope you will join us for our new challenge this week as well! TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah! This is too cute! And your softly sponged sky is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so adorable - the clouds are so fluffy!!!! love the layout and colors you used:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my how pretty. Gorgeous soft colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet Spring card, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahaha, too fun and fabulous!!! Great coloring of your adorable image. Love the clouds too.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yippie, so glad the blog is back up and running and Faith is doing so well! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad the hop back -always great cards. Love the egggs

    ReplyDelete
  28. JO!!! Oh how I've missed you and your beautiful creations!!! Congrats on the new grandbaby!!! How exciting!! And how exciting is it to be back!?!?! YEAH!!! Love your card!! LOVE... the design is beautiful and I just love these two birdbrains!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card!!! I love everything - the layout, colors!!! So exciting to have the team all back together :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun card. I love the layout and the clouds in the background. Glad you guys are back.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, this is so cute and funny! Great sentiment with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Goodness, Jo, you are back with a BANG! This is such a sweet card. The details are amazing. So good to be hopping with my FtH teamies again! Congratulations on your news of the new grand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card, I love the layout and coloring of your card, it looks fabulous.
    Hugs, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh what an ADORABLE card. Love the design, image, colors... EVERYTHING!! :o) I am so glad Faith is better and you girls have a blog hop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my, love this card. The die cut bordered background is fab! Image and sentiment put a smile on my face :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful card! I like the sentiment, the layout and also the color combo are amazing! This card is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is absolutely adorable. I love this. Congrats on the grandbaby. They are wonderful, Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh you made a great friendship card that will definitely make someone smile. Glad you and Faith are both back!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just too cute and I love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is wonderful! I love the color scheme and especially the layout! That is a great image for this theme - I wouldn't have thought of it but it is perfect - well colored too! This has been so much fun to do again!

    ReplyDelete
  41. A cute fun image. Great colours and sentiment. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh be still my heart, this is so hilarious! And cute at teh same time! What a fun card, Jo - and you have some serious coloring skills!!! You are one card ahead for Easter already :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  43. So cute and its great to be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. so cute, i love it, best wishes, patty

    ReplyDelete