Monday 6 February 2017

FTHS sketch challenge #161

A fresh new week, and we're back with a fresh new I {heart}sketches challenge for From The Heart Stamps :)
Here's sketch #161...

The twist is 'Birthday Cake', and there is also an option of using the colour palette shown above the sketch, if you wish to use them. So you can choose the sketch, the twist, the colours... or have a go at all 3 if you'd like to!
One lucky challenger will win 2 images of their choice from the store :)
Remember though, you must use an image by From The Heart Stamps to be eligible for the random draw, and please include a pic of the sketch in your blog post too. Thanks :)

Here's my card...



This fun image is Party Hat Birdbrain, and comes with 7 sentiments, though I haven't used one here because I wanted to add a die-cut sentiment for this occasion, roughly placing 'birthday' where the sentiment is on the sketch (if you flip the sketch that is).
I glued the BB image to the front of a shaker element.
These pretty papers are all from the same pad, Sugar Shoppe, by Doodlebug.
The borders I added, have been punched using a diamond border punch by Xcut.
21 was cut using Die-namics dies, and birthday is a Clearly Besotted word die.
A little sparkle was added to the 21, shaker frame, and birdbrain's eyes and beak with a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen.

I'm entering this card at:
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - birds
Crafts Galore Encore - anything goes

Thanks for looking xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, JO - LOL! That face!!! Looks likes us before our Starbucks, I imagine! LOL! What a gorgeous card - so full of color and cheer - LOVE! Happy evening, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Birdbrain and you´ve did a perfect Job with it. I like that you´ve made a Shaker Card - love them but make them rarely - i´m not so good in techniques.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of your card, the image and the overall design! What a fun, happy card. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project atFab'n'Funky challenge. Good luck. Neva

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute...I adore your take on the sketch. I'll be casing at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card Jo!!! Love that's is a shaker card... Love the beautiful paper... and LOVE that fun Birdbrain!!! Love...Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love everything about this card Jo! It's a shaker card and I love those and never seem to make them! Fab colors s well, just love it all!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fun shaker card! I love papers!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete