Saturday 29 May 2010

A sweet goodbye

Today is the last challenge over at Sweet Stampin for our current Design team :(
I have loved working alongside these talented ladies for the past 6 months, they each have their own fab unique style, which I am going to miss on sweet stampin (unless they take part in future challenges of course!)
I will continue to work with Terry on the Sketch Saturday DT, and I really hope that I get a chance to work with Margreet, Rach & Jayne again too in the near future.
Whatever happens, we will remain great friends! :)

So, on to this weeks challenge ... we want you to PIMP YOUR CARD!
You can add lots of bling and embellies to your work for this one ;)

Here is mine...

OK, I admit it! I had trouble with this theme and i'm still not liking the end result.
But I couldn't think of anything else to do so here it is :/

After i'd completed the card and looked at it I immediately thought of...



Cardstock used, SU Whisper White and Basic Black, the black piece is punched at one end with SU's spiral punch.
I've used the star stamp from SU's 'Fun & Fast Notes' stamp set with whisper white ink, then added a bit of glitter to parts of the stars with a glitter pen.
The sentiment is also from the same set.
I then added extra white dots to extend the ends of the stars and to fill up a bit of space.
The pearlised discs are recycled from an old broken bracelet! I kept them but never got around to using them before.
Finally, I drew faux stitching around in both white and black to complete the card.



So sadly we say a sweet goodbye to Terry, Margreet, Rach & Jayne, but please do drop by their blogs to see their last piece of DT work,, and please leave them some love while you're there. Thank you. xx

5 comments:

  1. You already know that I'm loving your stylish card, Jo........and thank you for your kind farewell words....It was very nice working with you and I'm surely going to enter the new SS challenges.....also thanks again for my personal watermark..........we'll keep in touch I hope!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo ~ its gorgeous and if you don't like it i can always find a home for it LOL! ... I love the colours and the style of the card .... its really classy, so perhaps i'm not the best person to have it pmsl! I can see why you thought of pearly kings and queens too! Its beautiful! Hugs Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous, I love it, so hush now! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what - it's a fab card and I love it. And I say that as someone who was ALMOST born within the sound of Bow Bells, so I'm practically a Cockney.... ;D Sending you hugs, Missus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Jo!!
    Love the stars and the colors, beautiful!
    And thank you for you`re sweet words :)
    Looking forward to see you make something of the little hÄnglar girl :)
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete